[Spacewalk-list] yum update/install gives 404 error

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Dec 20 09:09:11 UTC 2017

Clouse, Raymond:
> > > One other possible clue: in /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log I
> > found this:
> > >
> > > INFO   | jvm 1    | 2017/12/18 20:06:32 |
> > com.mchange.v2.cfg.DelayedLogItem [ level -> FINE, text -> "The
> > configuration file for resource identifier '/mchange-commons.properties'
> > could not be found. Skipping.", exception -> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> > Resource not found at path '/mchange-commons.properties'.]
> > >
> > > And in Googling that I found an unreplied post here that says:
> > > --
> > > Tomcat6 is having a problem finding mchange-commons when it's starting
> > up which causes the web / api interface to fail, causing other parts of
> > spacewalk to fail to initialize.
> > >
> > > How / where can I get the mchange-commons installed and linked properly
> > so that tomcat will be able to start?
> >
> > I vaguely remeber there were issues with 2.6 and java package upgrades in
> > EPEL which moved jars from /usr/share/java to a subdirectory. And the
> > solution was to create symlinks back in /usr/share/java.
> >
> [Clouse, Ray]
> Looks like there are a lot of symlinks so I don't think that's it. Wall of text incoming:
>
> # ls -al | grep "\->"
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root      16 Nov 22 21:54 jta.jar -> geronimo-jta.jar
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root      25 Nov 22 21:54 junit4.jar -> /usr/share/java/junit.jar
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root      45 Nov 22 21:53 ojdbc14.jar -> ../../lib64/oracle/11.2/client/lib/ojdbc6.jar
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root      15 Nov 22 21:53 oro.jar -> jakarta-oro.jar
> Does that look normal?

Pretty normal except I can't see mchange-commons there.

Well, I actually realized the error is in taskomatic log not tomcat...
Taskomatic configuration is /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.conf
so try 'grep mchange-commons' on it to see if it points to a propper
place.

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat