[Spacewalk-list] System Updates Trigger SSL /Certificate issues with Spacewalk

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Wed Feb 1 00:31:52 UTC 2017

I'm running Spacewalk 2.2 (preparing to upgrade to 2.6) on a RHEL6 server.   I wanted to update packages on the server prior to the update of the Spacewalk software.

After upgrading packages I'm seeing this erroring the httpd ssl_error_log:

[Tue Jan 31 17:17:03 2017] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `<servername redacted>' does NOT match server name!?

Where would this name have been configured and why would an update to various packages (such as openssl and related ones) trigger this problem?

Thanks for any help on how to resolve this.

Should I re-run the configure script to force an update of the various configuration files?  I have a number of things that I've tuned in http/tomcat for performance reasons, so I'm not sure what approach to take to clear up this problem.

Robert Boyd
Sr. Systems Engineer
PeopleFluent
p. 919-645-2972 | c. 919-306-4681