[Spacewalk-list] Adding system to Spacewalk

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Mon Feb 27 23:53:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 10:39 am, InvalidPath <invalid.path at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If I remove the <> marks the command sit there, never completing or erroring out.  What am I doing wrong?  I added the Spacewalk ip and hostnaem to local /etc/hosts file.. I can ping both successfully.

The <> marks should not be included.

However, I have noticed it can take a long time on a 5.x box to do the package checking and uploading of existing package metadata. How long did you leave it to complete? Did the host ever show up in Spacewalk?

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496