[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk import errata problem

KHOUILDI Arij arij.khouildi at sagemcom.com
Mon Jan 16 17:15:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

     I'm using Spacewalk 2.2, I have some issues getting all the current CentOS and Ubuntu Errata. I'm using the errata-import.pl<http://errata-import.pl> script provided by http://cefs.steve-meier.de/ for centos and the spacewalk-errata.sh<https://github.com/philicious/spacewalk-scripts/blob/master/spacewalk-errata.sh> script provided by https://github.com/philicious/spacewalk-scripts for Ubuntu.

Steve's suggestion that there might be some database entries which are not "handled" by WebUI / Spacecmd. So I tried to delete all errata with the following command lines :

1)      Using spacecmd tool delete all errata "spacecmd -u [youruser] -y "errata_delete *"

2)      From the database "Select * from rhnerrata"

3)      Delete all errata from the database "delete * from rhnerrata"
After that, I have run the two scripts but I have this error :

a)      For Centos : There is no security errata listed on the WebUI I have only 160 bugfix errata but on the database I had some security, bugfix and enhancement there are about 8229 erratas. I didn't understand what is the problem, maybe I missed something. See the attached file it is the output of the errata sync.

I have this error -> 500 read timeout and the script was interrupted.

b)      For Ubuntu : I have error during creating errata :

Error creating errata: <Fault -1: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: unhandled internal exception: ERROR: deadlock detected\n  Detail:  Process 11749 waits for ShareLock on transaction 38954038; blocked by process 11679.\nProcess 11679 waits for ShareLock on transaction 38954037; blocked by process 11749.\n  Hint: See server log for query details.\n  Where: SQL statement "update rhnChannel set last_modified = greatest(current_timestamp, last_modified

Has anyone seen any similar issues?

I've had no issues downloading packages, just not getting the Errata imported.
Best Regards.

Arij Khouildi
Ingénieur Système
Sagemcom Software & Technologies
34, Avenue de Paris Mégrine 2033
Mobile: (+216) 58 58 25 56
Email: arij.khouildi at sagemcom.com<mailto:arij.khouildi at sagemcom.com>

" Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles ou ayant un caractère privé.
S'ils ne vous sont pas destinés nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de les
divulguer, de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que ce
soit le contenu. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en
informer l'expéditeur et de supprimer immédiatement de votre système
informatique ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents qui y sont attachés"

                               ******

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments
thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents
from your computer system."
#