[Spacewalk-list] Alternative ways without OSAD

Zeal Vora zeal at freecharge.com
Tue Jan 17 10:33:18 UTC 2017

Hi

Thanks for the inputs everyone.

Basically we need the rpm's to be installed in real time ( around 2-3
minutes delay is fine ) from SpaceWalk. Since OSAD was giving bit of
trouble, we thought rhn_check was ideal solution.

As we cannot configure rhn_check in the configuration to check every few
minutes, I thought to put a cron for 2 minutes which does rhn_check but it
didn't seem to work properly. Can this be an ideal way ?