[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.1 | SSL Certificate Invalid when using HTTPS for host registration

Francis Lee Mondia endace.francis.mondia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 21:44:57 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Sorry for this seemingly noob question but I'm new to spacewalk and just
inherited a system which was not being used for about 2 years and now I've
been tasked to revive it.

So I've got the system running, updated the channels, repos and now came
the process of re-adding hosts to the system. I was being shown the SSL
certicate error as I think the certificate has expired. I can register
hosts fine without SSL, and can push package updates to hosts fine without
it. I do want to resolve this though moving forward. I've tried the
numerous suggestions I can find (we have a red hat subscription so was able
to try their solutions too but none worked).

I'd also like to know though if upgrading spacewalk to a newer version
install a new SSL cert. When we first took a look at the system, we
couldn't log-in as the satellite certificate was expired and we had to
generate one from red hat support to be able to log back in.

Hoping for some guidance on this from the community.

Kind regards,
Francis