[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle

Robin Beardsley RBeardsley at nedelta.com
Fri Jul 14 13:18:17 UTC 2017

I'm just wondering if anyone is using the spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle.  I have just started my first iteration of promoting from dev to test to prod and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone who uses this functionality can share.

Do you archive the channels after promoting to production.
If I archive them what is a reasonable time to keep them?
                Am I taking up space in the db if I keep several archives?
I'm planning on patching our systems once a month so it seems like I will have a lot of archives after a while.
What is the proper way to remove archived channels?

Also if I have to rollback a set a patches, what would be the difference between using yum history undo (#oflastoperation) and using
Spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle -c archivexxxx --rollback

Thanks for any suggestions