[Spacewalk-list] Recent Update from Redhat broke OSAD on RHEL 7 Clients

Eric ericb at enrsystems.com
Fri Jul 14 17:15:38 UTC 2017

Hoping for some input on this.

Server is RHEL 6, running Spacewalk 2.6 and current with the 2.6 stable repo.

Clients are a mix of RHEL 6 and RHEL 7.

Clients are NOT using packages from outside of Red Hat (IE, they are all using
packages provided by the Red Hat Tools channel or the Base RHEL channels).
These are reposync'd to my Spacewalk server.

After patching last night, Osad is no longer communicating with the Spacewalk
server on 100% of my RHEL 7 clients.

The following official Red Hat released RPMs were part of the patches applied,
and I suspect the problem lies with one of them:

osad                                     noarch             5.11.63-11.el7sat

rhncfg                                   noarch             5.10.87-10.el7sat

rhncfg-actions                           noarch             5.10.87-10.el7sat

rhncfg-client                            noarch             5.10.87-10.el7sat

rhncfg-management                        noarch             5.10.87-10.el7sat

Installing for dependencies:

osa-common                               noarch             5.11.63-11.el7sat

spacewalk-backend-libs                   noarch             2.0.3-18.el7sat

spacewalk-usix                           noarch             2.7.1-3.el7sat

Previously I saw some traffic regarding problems with spacewalk-usix on RHEL 6.
But my understanding was that in that case it was due to some packages being
installed from the Spacewalk Development branch.

All of these packages came from the Red Hat Official channels in my case.

This is the first time I've ever noticed packages in the official Red Hat
channels with "Spacewalk" in the name......not to say they haven't existed,
but I've never noticed them before.

The errors I've found are kind of the standard "cannot connect to jabberd"
errors.

Does anyone have any insight into this?