[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.1 | SSL Certificate Invalid when using HTTPS for host registration

Francis Lee Mondia endace.francis.mondia at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 09:58:29 UTC 2017

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the response.

Still the same, I'm failing on step 8 on this guide (https://github.com/
spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/ChangeCaCert):

[root at spw01 ~]# rhn-ssl-dbstore -vvv --ca-cert /root/ssl-build/RHN-ORG-
TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
Public CA SSL certificate:  /root/ssl-build/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

ERROR: unhandled exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rhn-ssl-dbstore", line 43, in <module>
    sys.exit(abs(mod.main() or 0))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/rhn_ssl_dbstore.py",
line 79, in main
    satCerts.store_rhnCryptoKey(values.label, values.ca_cert,
verbosity=values.verbose)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/satCerts.py",
line 673, in store_rhnCryptoKey
    verbosity=verbosity)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/satCerts.py",
line 614, in _checkCertMatch_rhnCryptoKey
    h.execute(rhn_cryptokey_id=rhn_cryptokey_id)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnSQL/sql_base.py",
line 153, in execute
    return apply(self._execute_wrapper, (self._execute, ) + p, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnSQL/driver_postgresql.py",
line 290, in _execute_wrapper
    retval = apply(function, p, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnSQL/sql_base.py",
line 207, in _execute
    return self._execute_(args, kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnSQL/driver_postgresql.py",
line 309, in _execute_
    self._real_cursor.execute(self.sql, params)
psycopg2.IntegrityError: update or delete on table "rhncryptokey" violates
foreign key constraint "rhn_csssl_cacertid_fk" on table
"rhncontentsourcessl"
DETAIL:  Key (id)=(1) is still referenced from table "rhncontentsourcessl".

I think the issue is because the server's RHNS-CA-CERT is expired. I found
this [https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49388] but it's
referencing a red hat article which is for RHEL 5.

Where do I get an updated RHNS-CA-CERT?