[Spacewalk-list] unable to download repositories

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 08:04:48 UTC 2017

Garland, Richard:
> Hi All

Hello Richard,

> Did an install of Spacewalk 2.6 onto RHEL 7.3 server. All installed and configured.
> I created a base channel for rhel-7-server-rpms and I have been unsuccessful in trying to sync repository.
>
> If I try to list channels with 'spacewalk-channel -l' I get the error
>             Unable to locate SystemId file. Is this system registered?
> The SystemId file no longer exists with the demise of RHN - it is using RHSM.
>
> If I try with 'spacewalk-channel -L', enter the credentials for the spacewalk server and the return is
>             rhn-plugin: Error communicating with the server. The message was : Name or service not known.

Where do you run spacewalk-channel? On Spacewalk server or client
connected to it?
spacewalk-channel is _client_ side command to show which channel from
spacewalk server client is using.

> If I try with 'satellite-sync -list-channels' I get the error of
>             Spacewalk - live synchronization
>             ERROR: Can't use live synchronization from RHN. This is not supported.
>
> If I try 'satellite-sync -c <channel name>' I get the error of
>             Spacewalk - live synchronization
>             ERROR: Can't use live synchronization from RHN. This is not supported.

satellite-sync command is for synchronication packages from another Spacewalk
server. (Or from Red Hat Network if you have a proper certificate. This
certificate is a part of Red Hat Satellite subscription.) Moreover it's
been obsoleted (and replaced by cdn-sync) because Red Hat Network is
going to be shutdown soon.

The common way how to download packages to Spacewalk server is
spacewalk-repo-sync command.

> The spacewalk server is registered and subscribed to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server with Smart Management, Premium & Red Hat Satellite.
>
> What gives? How can I sync the repositories?

So you have Red Hat Satelite server (which version?) and the Spacewalk
server is registered to it?

> Many thanks
>
> Rick Garland

Michael Mráka