[Spacewalk-list] Error code: HTTP response: 400 via SW Proxy server

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Mon Jul 31 13:51:37 UTC 2017

Earlier this summer I had to rebuild my proxy server with version 2.6.  The clients can register just fine and communicate with the SW server just fine, however, I get the following error when trying to pull packages off via zypper.

# zypper lu
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Retrieving repository 'SLES 11 SP4 Pool' metadata [\]
Download (curl) error for 'https://xxxx.domain.company.net/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/sles11-sp4-pool/repodata/repomd.xml?head_requests=no':
Error code: HTTP response: 400
Error message: The requested URL returned error: 400

The proxy is CentOS 7.3.1611.

I found a posting on SuSE for their product, SuSE Manager, that say's to downgrade apache.  I also found a posting from April 2017, with a person having the same issue on Oracle Linux.  Avi Miller  replied telling that person to also downgrade and that Oracle was working on updates.

Is downgrading the answer?  I don't see http updates available for CentOS.

Thanks

Daryl