[Spacewalk-list] Error connecting to jabber

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 08:40:38 UTC 2017

Ree, Jan-Albert van:
> While I agree that sqlite is better than berkeleydb why not make PostgreSQL the default if the PostgreSQL database is already being set up during installation ( ie spacewalk-setup-postgresql is called )

We try to keep configuration unified accross different spacewalk variants.
And because jabberd can't connect to oracle we would need to configure
it with sqlite anyway in case of spacewalk with oracle backend.

If you want to try jabberd with postgresql backend see Avi's blog
https://omg.dje.li/2017/03/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-a-postgresql-backend/

> Our modest installation (roughly 80 clients) still wasn't rock solid using sqlite (instead of crashing almost daily it became a 'once a month' thing where the DB got corrupted), only after moving to PostgreSQL do we now have an osa-dispatcher/jabber/osad setup which requires virtually no maintenance and is pretty much crash-proof.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jan-Albert

Michael Mráka