[Spacewalk-list] Error connecting to jabber

Wilkinson, Matthew MatthewWilkinson at alliantenergy.com
Fri Jun 2 12:52:17 UTC 2017

Thanks Michael.

--Matthew Wilkinson

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Michael Mraka
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2017 04:21
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Error connecting to jabber

[This is an external email. Be cautious with links, attachments and responses.]

> > > While I agree that sqlite is better than berkeleydb why not make
> > > PostgreSQL the default if the PostgreSQL database is already being
> > > set up during installation ( ie spacewalk-setup-postgresql is
> > > called )
>
> > We try to keep configuration unified accross different spacewalk
> > variants.
> > And because jabberd can't connect to oracle we would need to
> > configure it with sqlite anyway in case of spacewalk with oracle backend.
>
> Thats a good point, never thought about people still running Oracle...
> Is it actually still being used a lot now that PostgreSQL is so mature?
>
> > If you want to try jabberd with postgresql backend see Avi's blog
> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__omg.dje.li_2017
> > _03_configuring-2Dspacewalks-2Djabberd-2Dto-2Duse-2Da-2D&d=DwIGaQ&c=
> > GUDVeAVg1gjs_GJkmwL1m3gEzDND7NeJG5BIAX_2yRE&r=zxSMv3Yyn0u8GiLjBm805q
> > sHQ-PQnlWklaJFaNwJsRdou0Rx32Ld6bt57-Tq1kdA&m=MPKGPZWpV0jYhtloDTEJIsu
> > wzW7t1vE2Wgbg_Kqr-Ic&s=ewUHRXnqcrW8rFd72vsz9p5Be65Hs9SqmFaH-pBpeuE&e
> > =
> > postgresql-backend/
>
> Can this information perhaps be added to the spacewalk wiki pages or at least a pointer be added in the wiki?

Fair enough. I've added the links to
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_spacewalkproject_spacewalk_wiki_OsadHowTo&d=DwIGaQ&c=GUDVeAVg1gjs_GJkmwL1m3gEzDND7NeJG5BIAX_2yRE&r=zxSMv3Yyn0u8GiLjBm805qsHQ-PQnlWklaJFaNwJsRdou0Rx32Ld6bt57-Tq1kdA&m=MPKGPZWpV0jYhtloDTEJIsuwzW7t1vE2Wgbg_Kqr-Ic&s=AOCq68C-2liV1fw8QBU9rapoBB-YolLpHbqPPvzRuiY&e=

> I'd be happy to assist in this if needed, but I think it's a shame these gems of information are not easily found.
> --
> Jan-Albert

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat