[Spacewalk-list] More Spacewalk 26 Certificate Problems....can't get 3rd party cert to work with osa-dispatcher and jabber

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Jun 7 19:10:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

The Spacewalk 2.6 docs from Oracle are here: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E85212/html/sw22-replace-cert.html

> The Oracle doc and most of the other docs do not address the server.pem file
> for Jabber at all, just has you clear the jabber db and restart.

Yes, it does. The server.pem is created by rhn-ssl-tool as part of the gen-server run and is deployed when you update the rhn-org-httpd-ssl-key-pair RPM (after rebuilding it with rhn-ssl-tool). If you check the contents of the RPM, you’ll see it listed:

# rpm -qlp /root/ssl-build/swksvr/rhn-org-httpd-ssl-key-pair-swksvr-1.0-rev.noarch.rpm

/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.csr/server.csr
/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
/etc/pki/spacewalk/jabberd/server.pem

So, assuming you follow our docs completely and recreated the RPMs and then installed them as directed on your Spacewalk server, you would have updated the server.pem for jabberd as well.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496