[Spacewalk-list] More Spacewalk 26 Certificate Problems....can't get 3rd party cert to work with osa-dispatcher and jabber

Eric ericb at enrsystems.com
Wed Jun 7 22:43:15 UTC 2017

So I started from a clean slate, rebuilt everything.....SAME problem.  I
started by testing my fresh 2.6 installation.  I bootstrapped a client, pushed
remote commands, verified osa/jabberd was running without any problems.

Followed the Oracle 2.6 install directions exactly.  zero deviation.

osa-dispatcher will not start:

Starting osa-dispatcher: Spacewalk 13057 2017/06/07 14:09:02 -07:00: ('Server
does not support TLS - <starttls /> not in <features /> stanza',)
Spacewalk 13057 2017/06/07 14:09:02 -07:00: ('Traceback (most recent call
last):\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 266, in
setup_connection\n    c = self._get_jabber_client(js)\n  File
"/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 338, in _get_jabber_client\n
c.connect()\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 643, in
connect\n    raise SSLDisabledError\nSSLDisabledError\n',)

I went through every troubleshooting doc I could find on this, the FQDN matches
whats in the cert, all of the checks pass, I cannot see any reason for this
not working.  I am NOT running SELINUX.....it's not a firewall issue as system
works fine with self signed certs.

I just can't figure out where I'm going wrong unless it is a problem with the
way certs are deliver (Venafi) to me.......but they work on the WebUI with no
issues....so it's just the osa/jabber config.

I will take any suggestions on where to look for troubleshooting.