[Spacewalk-list] PostgreSQL for Jabberd works great

Wilkinson, Matthew MatthewWilkinson at alliantenergy.com
Thu Jun 15 14:17:21 UTC 2017

I just want to let the community know that I followed Avi Miller's blog https://omg.dje.li/2017/03/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-a-postgresql-backend/ to configure jabberd to use postgresql instead of Berkeley DB or sqlite, and it works great.

Postgres seems like the most stable DB for Jabber and makes Jabber/OSA-Dispatcher/OSAD actually work properly. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. If anyone is having issues with jabber and osad, I highly recommend switching to Postgres.

Thanks,

Matthew Wilkinson | Lead Server Administrator, Unix

ALLIANT ENERGY