[Spacewalk-list] Pulling working configs

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 09:54:51 UTC 2017

> >> So, silly question.. my boss asked me today, "Can Spacewalk pull the
> >> current routing tables from the servers registered to it?"
> >
> > Yes, it can, if you have remote configuration enabled: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E71078/html/swk24-manageclisys.html
> >
> > You could then run a remote command, e.g. “ip route show” across multiple client machines: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E71078/html/swk24-lbw_npz_js.html
> >
> > Getting the results is slightly tedious though. :) You’ll see the result as the output from each remote command.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Avi
>
> Thanks Avi.. So you can't like, pull then generate conf files on a per
> system basis then?  Configuration management, to me, should include
> the mundane things like this.

If you want to see client's configuration in server interface you can
run remote command and then inspect the result.

If you want to configure client (a.k.a. push config file from server to client)
then there are Configuration Channels / Files for it. You can use
different macros to have a single config file expanded properly on more
clients.

--
Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat