[Spacewalk-list] jpackage.org?

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 08:25:05 UTC 2017

Kalchik, Jeffery:
> I'm finally getting around to running the 2.5->2.6 upgrade here this afternoon.... and discovering that the JPackage repo (www.jpackage.org<http://www.jpackage.org>) is apparently unavailable.  Not only that, but so are the 3 name servers the whois registration points to (ns[012].zarb.org.) I'm also not sure if http://www.zarb.org looks much like I'd expect.
>
> Or am I wildly hallucinating?

Hi Jeffery,

Yep, jpackage.org is completely down including dns.
There are basically 2 solutions/workarounds:
a) edit your jpackage-generic.repo file and comment out mirrorlist and
uncomment baseurl (see updated instructions on
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall#additional-repos--packages),
b) we've also created last resort backup on http://yum.spacewalkproject.org/jpackage/
(use it as basurl in your jpackage-generic.repo file).

> Jeff Kalchik
> Systems Engineering
> Land O'Lakes

Michael Mráka