[Spacewalk-list] Antwort: Re: Where are Spacewalk logs when applying patches?

Fouts, Christopher Christopher.Fouts at Teradata.com
Thu May 11 19:31:21 UTC 2017

Our CentOS images had repos defined in /etc/yum.repos.d already, and so I just had to disable them to rid of the duplicates. Thanks!

Chris

On 5/11/17, 11:05 AM, "spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Michael Mraka" <spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of michael.mraka at redhat.com> wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I just parse through this mails and notice this
    > > # yum repolist
    > > base/7/x86_64                       CentOS-7 - Base   9,363
    > > centos-7-base                       centos-7-base   9,363
    > > centos-7-centosplus                 centos-7-centosplus      71
    > > centos-7-cr                         centos-7-cr       0
    > > centos-7-extras                     centos-7-extras     337
    > > centos-7-fasttrack                  centos-7-fasttrack       0
    > > centos-7-updates                    centos-7-updates   1,577
    > > epel/x86_64                         Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux
    > 7 11,625
    > > epel-7                              epel-7  11,737
    > > extras/7/x86_64                     CentOS-7 - Extras     337
    > > spacewalk/x86_64                    Spacewalk     116
    > > updates/7/x86_64                    CentOS-7 - Updates   1,577
    >
    > I think that you will perhaps get some "duplicate"-Troube, because I think
    > you have channels with identical repositories
    > The number of packages are identical in "updates/7/x86_64" and
    > "centos-7-updates" etc.
    >
    > As rhetoric question, how should yum know  which package to use if it is
    > in both repositories... I dunno

    Yum does not know / does not care. It uses one of them depending on
    which repoi/package has been parsed first into internal yum structures.

    > cheers
    > Matthias

    Michael Mráka
    System Management Engineering, Red Hat