[Spacewalk-list] After upgrading java and python, python finds syntax errors

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed May 24 11:34:57 UTC 2017

Thomas Schweikle:
> After upgrading java and python, python finds syntax errors in some files:
>
> 2017/05/24 08:52:04 +02:00 14503 134.92.16.12:
> server/apacheRequest.call_function('ERROR', 'rhnSQL.SQLError caught',
> SQLStatementPrepareError('FEHLER:  Syntaxfehler bei
> \xc2\xbbmethod\xc2\xab\nLINE 3: ...
> sa.remaining_tries, at.label method,\n
> Any idea what causes these syntax errors? I found
> https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/pull/465 Seems it is
> related. Might be a good idea to release this patch early.

Yes, this pull request should fix your issue. It's included in
development version. As we usually backport only security fixes (or fixes for
really vital bugs) to current release I'd suggest to apply the patch
manually.

https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/pull/465/commits/daaa73ac02ef3d98d2f04449194892d94d5f211a

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat