[Spacewalk-list] Error connecting to jabber

Wilkinson, Matthew MatthewWilkinson at alliantenergy.com
Wed May 31 20:40:44 UTC 2017

Ok thanks Avi. I read your blog post and was able to successfully configure jabberd to use postgres on my OL 6 box. However, I wasn't able to get it to work on an OL 7 box. I keep getting this in my syslog:

May 31 15:36:34 <hostnameredacted> jabberd/sm[21956]: pgsql: connection to database failed: could not connect to server: Permission denied#012#011Is the server running locally and accepting#012#011connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Mind you, I can indeed connect using jabberd2 user via the psql command just fine.

No matter what I do to ensure the jabberd2 user has rights/grants and no matter what I do to allow the user to connect via the pg_hba.conf I can't get jabberd to start on OL 7 after configuring it for pgsql.

Did you get it working on OL 7?

--Matthew Wilkinson