[Spacewalk-list] LDAP auth issues - spacewalk 2.4

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 07:52:15 UTC 2017

Devendra Shanbhag:
> Hello team,

Hello,

> Couldnt find a Spacewalk distribution list hence sending to the Satellite
> mailing list.
>
> Need help on auth issues with Spacewalk 2.4.

Spacewalk 2.4 is 2 year old version no longer maintained.
Current maintained / community supported version is Spacewalk 2.7.

> Customer has a spacewalk server for managing package updates. Login to the
> UI using local admin and 'spacewadmin' user is successful. Login via LDAP
> account fails.
> As per my understanding, LDAP auth is set up correctly.
>
> The PAM module is as follows:
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth        required      pam_env.so
> auth        sufficient    pam_krb5.so no_user_check
> auth        required      pam_deny.so
> account     required      pam_krb5.so no_user_check

E.g.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_satellite/5.8/html/installation_guide/chap-authentication#Implementing_PAM_Authentication

LDAP Authentication should look like

#%PAM-1.0
auth          required      pam_env.so
auth          sufficient    pam_ldap.so no_user_check
auth          required      pam_deny.so
account       required      pam_ldap.so no_user_check

> The /etcrhn/rhn.conf is attached for reference.
>
> Looking for assistance on fixing this.
>
> Thank you all.
>
> --
> Dev