[Spacewalk-list] Auto-deploying renewed cert

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Thu Oct 5 20:24:04 UTC 2017

Am 5. Oktober 2017 21:14:28 MESZ schrieb Daryl Rose <darylrose at outlook.com>:
>Avi,
>

>I'm using a signed cert, not the self-signed cert that is created on
>installation.  The signed cert will expire at the end of the year.
>

>Daryl

I'm not sure, if we are talking about the same certs. So I define some statements.

Server cert: the certificate your spacewalk webserver uses and which you see when you go to the "admin" page.

CA cert: this is the cert, that signed the "server cert". This is the cert, that has to be deployed (and currently "is" deployed)  to all your SW clients.

Now which expires? The "ca cert" or the "server cert"?

If "server cert", then renew it and you're done.

If "ca cert", you have to deploy that to the clients.

Robert