[Spacewalk-list] Problems with Debian Stretch on SW 2.7. Can reinstall packages over and over again

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Fri Oct 13 23:38:59 UTC 2017

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 19:17:12, Robert Paschedag <robert.paschedag at web.de> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>after fixing my problems with the errata import, I found another problem with Debian...especially with
>
>Debian "stretch" and SW 2.7. At least, I did not yet see a major (or even minor) error with Debian jessie on SW 2.7
>
>I can successfully deploy a Debian stretch system via SW 2.7, register
>it and install packages.
>
>The "installed" packages on the client is reported to SW. No problem so far.
>
>But, even if SW reports, that there are no newer packages in SW for the
>client, and I have done
>
>"apt-get upgrade" several times, the "client" does not recognize, that a
>particular package

Hi Robert,

I can confirm that. I've been experiencing the same thing with Ubuntu 14 clients last month and Ubuntu 16 clients this month. The python packages had updated and attempts to update kept on cycling through with the same packages identified as needing updates, until I went through and manually copied the Multi-Arch: allowed settings for the packages that had it (looking at the Packages on the Ubuntu repos). I was thinking of doing what you propose but I've been to busy to dig into the code to try to add the Multi-Arch field to the copied data. I look forward to your changes.

Paul-Andre Panon
Senior systems administrator