[Spacewalk-list] Logs for specific channels?

drkfce at speakeasy.net drkfce at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 13 21:27:28 UTC 2017

Lately, I've been having a problem where RHEL 7 packages are showing up in RHEL 6 channels and vice versa, causing some patching runs to fail.  I'm trying to figure out who or what placed these packages in the wrong channel, but I've not been successful in finding that information.
The affected channels are, curiously, those that are those that we have labeled as stable, which means that they are not actually tied to any repository, and are manually synced from their "live" counterparts.  If it is the case, I'm very willing to admit that I synced over those bad packages, as I did a package comparison/sync via the GUI on 2017-09-08, but I need proof that that actually was what happened.  The only information I can find on that specific channel is under taskomatic, but it was making references to com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.repomd.RepositoryWriter, rather than any channel modifications that were initiated by a user. Is there a place that stores the time stamp of when a specific package was added to a specific channel?  I wasn't able to find anything under /var/log/rhn/* or under to the tomcat logs.

Oddly enough, the packages that were added to the wrong channel all had errata associated with them, so I'm curious if there's any relationship there, as well.

 Thanks