[Spacewalk-list] SELinux causing problems with OL 7.4

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Fri Sep 1 20:07:31 UTC 2017

Hey Matthew,

> On 2 Sep 2017, at 5:45 am, Wilkinson, Matthew <MatthewWilkinson at alliantenergy.com> wrote:
>
> I recently upgraded a box with a Spacewalk 2.6 instance from Oracle Linux 7.3 to Oracle Linux 7.4 and SELinux started complaining about a lot of stuff regarding java/tomcat. It broke my ability to auth using Kerberos/PAM to the web interface. If I change to permissive mode via “setenforce 0” I can login like normal, no problems. Even after running the sealert commands to set local policies to in theory fix the problems, SELinux in enforcing mode breaks my normal auth.

If you have Oracle Linux support, can I ask you to open an SR for this? I know we tested Spacewalk 2.6 on Oracle Linux 7.3 with SElinux enabled, but obviously the upgrade to 7.4 has broken something. An SR would engage the development team to review the SElinux policies and fix them as needed.

Thanks,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496