[Spacewalk-list] How to Sync SLES 11/12 in Spacewalk

Bernd Helber bernd at helber-it-services.com
Sat Sep 23 05:42:40 UTC 2017

Hello Javier.

First, register one installed System to SCC the SuSE Customer Center
https://scc.suse.com/login

If the System is registered, scc will generate URL's for this registered
System.

Keep in mind that you have to activate all licenced Repositories you may
need for your later Work on the registered system.

Log on to the registered System.
cd /etc

Create a backup:
-----------------------------
tar -cf zypp*  zypperbackup.tar

cd /etc/zypp/repos.d

Extract the  Autogenerated URL's from the *.repo files in  the repo's.

Then create Softwarechannels

Parentchannel:
spacecmd -- softwarechannel_create -n SLES12-SP2-Pool  -l
SLES12-SP2-Pool -a x86_64 -c sha256

----------------------------
sles12sp2pool

Child Channels:
-----------------------------
sles12-adv-systemsmanagement

A practical Example

spacecmd -- softwarechannel_create -n web_andscripting-pool  -l
web_andscripting-pool   -p sles12sp2pool -a x86_64 -c sha256

sles12sp-debuginfopool
sles12sp-debugpool
sles12sp-sourcepool
sles12sp-updates
spacewalk22-client-slessp3
spacewalklient6_2.2
spacewalklient7_2.2
tool_chain_module-pool
tool_chain_module-updates
vmwarecentos6_x86_6
web_andscripting-debuginfo
web_andscripting-debuginfo-source
web_andscripting-debuginfo-updates
web_andscripting-pool
web_andscripting-update
-----------------------------

In the next Step create your Software repositories.

spacecmd  "repo_create -n web_andscripting-pool -u
'https://updates.suse.com/SUSE/Products/SLE-Module-Web-Scripting/12/x86_64/product&NOWAVERYLONGTOKENOFYOURREGISTEREDSYSTEM

sles12sp2-debuginfo-pool
sles12sp2-debuginfo-pool-updates
sles12sp2-sourcepool
sles12sp2-updates
sles12sp2pool
spacewalk-client-opensuse-leap
spacewalk22-client-slessp3
toolchain_module-pool
toolchain_module-updates
vmwarecentos6_x86_6
web_andscripting-debuginfo
web_andscripting-debuginfo-updates
web_andscripting-pool
-----------------------------------

Attach your Repositories to your Spacewalk Channels

spacecmd -- softwarechannel_addrepo web_andscripting-pool
web_andscripting-pool

Last Step.
Sync your repositories.

for i in $(spacewalk-report channels | awk 'BEGIN { FS = "," } ; { print
$2 }' | grep -v channel_label |grep sles); do spacewalk-repo-sync -c $i;
done;

Only to mention and for the Record.

SuSE doesn't support this!!
You're on your own.

 If you have a Enterprise  environment think about buying SuSE Manager.

Kind regards and take Care.

Bernd Helber