[Spacewalk-list] Configuring Cobbler issue

Afify, Sherif S (IBS) Sherif.Afify at se1.bp.com
Sun Apr 8 14:00:20 UTC 2018

I am trying to setup kickstart from spacewalk so far I did the below :

  1.  Setting Up Kickstart Trees
  2.  Create Kickstart Distributions
  3.  Add GPG Keys
  4.  Create Kickstart Profile

Now I am in the part of the Cobbler , I cannot under exactly how it will work with space walk , I am using centos7 OS for the spacewalk server but due to I can not find full document for centos7 I am using the document located in the oracle site just to make it easy for me as this is the first time I am doing the kickstart on spacewalk." https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E92593_01/E85210/html/swk24-xvh_34n_3s.html "

No the document ask for installing the cobbler-loaders and dhcp packages , will not install dhcp as we have our own DHCP server .

Every time I try to install cobbler-loaders it give me the below conflict error , I removed the conflict but it ends that the spacewalk crashed  so I rebuild the spacewalk again  and I got the same issue so any one faced that before ?

Appreciate your help.

[root at vm1 centos7-x86_64-server]# yum install cobbler-loaders

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

* base: centos-distro.1gservers.com

* epel: archive.linux.duke.edu

* extras: mirror.compevo.com

* updates: centos.den.host-engine.com

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package cobbler-loaders.noarch 0:1.0.3-1.el7 will be installed

--> Processing Dependency: syslinux > 4.00 for package: cobbler-loaders-1.0.3-1.el7.noarch

--> Processing Dependency: cobbler2 for package: cobbler-loaders-1.0.3-1.el7.noarch

--> Running transaction check

---> Package cobbler-epel.noarch 0:2.0.11-63.el7 will be installed

--> Processing Dependency: cobbler >= 2.2 for package: cobbler-epel-2.0.11-63.el7.noarch

---> Package syslinux.x86_64 0:4.05-13.el7 will be installed

--> Processing Dependency: mtools for package: syslinux-4.05-13.el7.x86_64

--> Running transaction check

---> Package cobbler.x86_64 0:2.8.2-1.el7 will be installed

---> Package mtools.x86_64 0:4.0.18-5.el7 will be installed

--> Processing Conflict: cobbler20-2.0.11-63.el7.noarch conflicts cobbler-epel

--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Error: cobbler20 conflicts with cobbler-epel-2.0.11-63.el7.noarch

You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

[root at vm1 centos7-x86_64-server]#

[root at vm1 centos7-x86_64-server]# yum repolist

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

* base: centos-distro.1gservers.com

* epel: archive.linux.duke.edu

* extras: mirror.compevo.com

* updates: centos.den.host-engine.com

repo id                                                                              repo name                                                                                        status

base/7/x86_64                                                                        CentOS-7 - Base                                                                                   9,591

*epel/x86_64                                                                         Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64                                                   12,462

extras/7/x86_64                                                                      CentOS-7 - Extras                                                                                   448

group_spacewalkproject-java-packages/x86_64                                          Copr repo for java-packages owned by @spacewalkproject                                              211

spacewalk/x86_64                                                                     Spacewalk                                                                                           117

updates/7/x86_64                                                                     CentOS-7 - Updates                                                                                2,416

repolist: 25,245

[root at vm1 centos7-x86_64-server]#