[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 2.7 client on uln

Nicole Beck nskyrca at syr.edu
Wed Apr 11 20:53:36 UTC 2018

Hi,
I have a spacewalk 2.7 server running on CentOS 7, and I want to setup some Oracle Enterprise Linux clients. I installed the spacewalk 2.7 client software (from the Spacewalk project, not from Oracle) on a ULN6 and ULN7 test machine using the instructions at https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients.

On both servers, all the spacewalk packages get updated, but I get the following errors:
ULN 6:
rhn-plugin: ERROR: can not find ULN CA file: /usr/share/rhn/ULN-CA-CERT

ULN 7:
ERROR: can not find RHNS CA file: /usr/share/rhn/ULN-CA-CERT

Is that to be expected?  Both servers were previously registered with ULN as to simulate our production servers.

The documentation has the warning below about RedHat, so I'm wondering if the same goes for ULN. I do not want to invalidate my ULN support.
"Warning: If you are installing these packages on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation it will override some of the original base packages and you may well be invalidating your support agreement with Red Hat!"

I'll note that I could see the ULN clients in the Spacewalk GUI, and could update packages both thru the gui and with yum, so it works. But I'm wondering about the errors.

Thanks!
Nicole
Nicole Beck
Information Technology Analyst
Information Technolgy Services - Core Infrustructure Services - Unix