[Spacewalk-list] yum repolist shows 0 packages

Emiliano Sgrano emiliano.sgrano at cloudreach.com
Fri Apr 13 10:22:53 UTC 2018

Hello all,

after a client successfully registers to Spacewalk it doesn't see any
packages from the channels.

Basically we have an base channel which is called upon the environment it's
corresponding to, for instance: development, test and production/
Then we have child-channels for each app/category: epel, rhel, chef,
gitlab, etc...

We have also a lifecycle-mangement in place which is used to promote
packages from development to test, test to production.

Activation keys are created for each child-channel so that a client
registers to Spacewalk using 1 or more activation keys, depending on which
channel it want to registers to.

The registration works fine, no problem, I can see the client registered to
Spacewalk and packages that need to be upgraded, but when I run 'yum
repolist' I got 0 packages and yum update fails with the following error:

Loaded plugins: amazon-id, priorities, rhnplugin, rhui-lb,
search-disabled-repos

This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.

One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),

and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only

safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the
problem.

     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a
working

        upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer

        distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the

        packages for the previous distribution release still work).

     3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will
then

        just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or
use

        --enablerepo for temporary usage:

            yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>

     4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is
unavailable.

        Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most
commands,

        so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be
much

        slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a
nice

        compromise:

            yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_
unavailable=true

failed to retrieve repodata/repomd.xml from sandbox-app-chef

error was [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 400 - Bad Request

I've tried many things like delete the repodata cache folder, restart
taskomatic, rebuild yum cache and all sort of things I've found on the
Internet.

One thing I noticed is that 'Last Repo Build' in the channel details is
(none), could be that the problem? It looks the repo is not built. How can
I build it?

I've run out of options.

Thanks in advance,
Emiliano

--
The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided
solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do

This email may be
confidential or privileged. If you received this communication by mistake,
please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and
attachments, and please let us know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Cloudreach Europe Limited is registered in England and Wales with the
registered office at Saffron House, 6-10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS and
registration number 06975407.