[Spacewalk-list] Updating python2.7 packages on Ubuntu 16.04 causes removal of spacewalk client packages and multiple python 2.7 packages

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Wed Apr 18 04:50:55 UTC 2018

Am 17. April 2018 19:27:17 MESZ schrieb Paul-Andre Panon <paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com>:

> [...]

I think I once had a similar error on SLES systems with one special "rhnlib" version that caused some dependency problems and thus removed some spacewalk stuff.

>>Please have a look here. Might help.
>>
>>https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2018-March/msg00100.html
>>
>Cool. We had e-mailed about what would be needed to retrofit that
>functionality into
>Spacewalk db and code properly quite a few months back but I haven't
>had time to work on it.

I remember. I think, it shouldn't be hard to modify that so you point it to the original "packages.gz", parse it and add the missing "Multi-Arch" header to the packages.gz created by spacewalk.

In fact, this could be used to add *all* missing original headers to the packages.gz file on spacewalk (when I think about it right now).

Robert

--
sent from my mobile device