[Spacewalk-list] System listing in spacewalk 2.6 gui slow

Andrason, Jackie Jackie.Andrason at iqvia.com
Wed Apr 18 20:22:52 UTC 2018

We currently have over 2,500 systems using spacewalk with 5 proxies in the data centers.  It runs on Oracle Linux 7.4 and uses an external oracle 12c database.  We use it strictly for server patching.  Memory got to be an issue, so we upped memory on the server from 32 to 64g and the DBA increased the database sga.   We also changed the tomcat JAVA_OPTS -Xms4096m -Xmx8192m.  The web interface, when trying to bring up the Systems list, is extremely slow.  It is also slow when bringing up lists of packages in repo, but not as slow as the Systems.  Other things, repo listing, seem to be ok, and server updates and new registrations are fine.  Running the spacewalk-report inventory returns quickly as well.

I am thinking this is a java thing, but I don’t know.  Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thanks!

Jackie
Unix/Linux Server Support

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: This electronic message, including its attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED or PROTECTED information and is intended for the authorized recipient of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message or any of the information included in it is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete this message and its attachments, along with any copies thereof, from all locations received (e.g., computer, mobile device, etc.). Thank you.