[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.8 Released!

Jiří Dostál jdostal at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 16:59:55 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

We are proudly announcing release of Spacewalk 2.8, a systems management
solution.

Spacewalk 2.8 could be installed on

     * RHEL 6
     * RHEL 7
     * Fedora 26
     * Fedora 27
     * Fedora 28 (tested on Beta)

The download location is

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.8/

with client repositories under

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.8-client/

SUSE Linux client packages can be found here

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement:/spacewalk:/2.8/

For fresh installations, please use steps from

https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

If you plan to upgrade from older release, search no more -- the
following page will guide you:

https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade

Features & Enhancements in Spacewalk 2.8

     * Spacewalk now installable on Fedora 27 and has been tested on
Fedora 28 Beta as well
     * Spacewalk supports Fedora 27 and Fedora 28 clients
     * All packages and repositories are exclusively in
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/
     * spacewalkproject.github.io has been completely redesigned
     * Python 2 packages are no longer needed on systems with Python 3
as default
     * Spacewalk server is now capable of syncing and distributing of
Fedora modularity (modules.yaml) files.
     * PostgreSQL 10 is now supported
     * Package dwr updated to version 3.0.2 fixing security vulnerabilities
     * It's now possible to manage errata severities via Spacewalk server
     * Several bugfixes

     Updated API calls:
          * errata.create/setDetails - add possibility to manage severities
          * system.schedulePackageRemoveByNevra - support removal of
packages which are not in database

Known issues
* Unfortunately, for certain domain names jabberd does not start on
Fedora 27/28 due to issue with
    'libidn-1.34-1' from Fedora repositories. If you run at this issue,
please downgrade the package to libidn-1.33-1
     until it's fixed in Fedora repositories.

The up-to-date API documentation can be found at
http://spacewalkproject.github.io/documentation/api/2.8/

Contributors

Our thanks go to the community members who contributed to this release:

     Amit Upadhye
     Andrew Dahms
     Ben Roberts
     Candace
     Candace Sheremeta
     Christian Lanig
     Dario Leidi
     Dario Maiocchi
     Frantisek Kobzik
     Jakub Jankowski
     Johannes Renner
     Kevin Walter
     Laurence Rochfort
     Marcelo Moreira de Mello
     Mattias Giese
     Michael Calmer
     Michele Bologna
     Miroslav Suchý
     Pavel Studenik
     Robert Paschedag
     Silvio Moioli
     Thomas Blanchard
     Thomas Mueller
     angystardust
     bhavesh_bharadiya
     ranmses
     suzuki

see https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/ContributorList
for all contributors list

Some statistics

In Spacewalk 2.8, we've seen

* 85 major bugs fixed
* 641 changesets committed
* 1146 commits done

User community, reporting issues

To reach the user community with questions and ideas, please use mailing
list spacewalk-list at redhat.com.
On this list, you can of course also discuss issues you might find when
installing or using Spacewalk,
but please do not be surprised if we ask you to file a bug at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Spacewalk with more
details or full logs.

Thank you for using Spacewalk.