[Spacewalk-list] Empty "Overview" page after upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8

Angelo Lisco angystardust at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:23:43 UTC 2018

Hi all,
after upgrading my Spacewalk server from 2.7 to 2.8 I'm experiencing a
weird bug: the "Overview" page that Spacewalk shows after the login is
empty. I can see the page header and the left-side menu but It doesn't
display all the nice summaries of the Spacewalk infra.

The weird thing is that nothing strange appears on the log files (both
catalina.out and rhn_server_xmlrpc.log). No stacktraces, no errors at all.

Maybe I'm wrong but I suppose that something got broken in this commit:
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/commit/
ace6add83252e33c776e5803947fff9ef361885a

For now, my workaround was to downgrade the drw package from the 3.0.2-1 to
the 3.0rc2-9 version. I also needed to downgrade the spacewalk-java package
to spacewalk-java-2.8.73-1 since it's a tightly-coupled dependency of dwr.

After the downgrade, I'm able to see the "Overview" page again.
I've also tried to clean the tomcat cache and restart my spacewalk setup
but the issue was still present.

Thanks for your help.
Angelo Lisco