[Spacewalk-list] Empty "Overview" page after upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8

Jiří Dostál jdostal at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 08:56:13 UTC 2018

Hello,

could you please provide information on which system you have tried?
I've just tested the scenario on different systems and didn't bump at
the issue - I can see Overview page after upgrade. However, the behavior
you described is the same as having spacewalk-java-2.8 and dwr-3.0rc2-9.
This combination causes blank main page (BUT traceback in catalina.out
as well) but it should not happen as there's a dependency on it. So far
it really looks as some sort of caching issue.

Thank you for your info

Jiri

Dne 23.4.2018 v 19:23 Angelo Lisco napsal(a):
> Hi all,
> after upgrading my Spacewalk server from 2.7 to 2.8 I'm experiencing a
> weird bug: the "Overview" page that Spacewalk shows after the login is
> empty. I can see the page header and the left-side menu but It doesn't
> display all the nice summaries of the Spacewalk infra.
>
> The weird thing is that nothing strange appears on the log files (both
> catalina.out and rhn_server_xmlrpc.log). No stacktraces, no errors at all.
>
> Maybe I'm wrong but I suppose that something got broken in this commit:
> https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/commit/ace6add83252e33c776e5803947fff9ef361885a
> <https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/commit/ace6add83252e33c776e5803947fff9ef361885a>
>
> For now, my workaround was to downgrade the drw package from the
> 3.0.2-1 to the 3.0rc2-9 version. I also needed to downgrade the
> spacewalk-java package to spacewalk-java-2.8.73-1 since it's a
> tightly-coupled dependency of dwr.
>
> After the downgrade, I'm able to see the "Overview" page again.
> I've also tried to clean the tomcat cache and restart my spacewalk
> setup but the issue was still present.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Angelo Lisco

Jiří Dostál | Associate Software Engineer
Red Hat Satellite