[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.8 configure-proxy.sh Error

Stuart Wilson stuart at 432solutions.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 12:49:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

I’m currently trying to setup a Spacewalk proxy instance on a RHEL 7.4 server. I followed the guide as per the Wiki ( https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstallProxy), however when I run configure-proxy.sh<http://configure-proxy.sh>, I’m getting the error “WARNING: upon deactivation attempt: uknown error – <Fault -12: ‘redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: method invalid param’>”. I managed to track this down to the call using rhn-proxy-activate within configure-proxy.sh<http://configure-proxy.sh>. Tracing it back to the main Spacewalk server, the Web-API log shows the same error, “method invalid param” while trying to call the proxy.list_available_proxy_channels method.

Has anyone else seen this error before, I’m not really sure where to move forward with this, is this something that’s changed in the latest 2.8 version of spacewalk? Or could this be something to do with “Provisioning Entitlements”, I understand they were changed back in 2.5, but I can’t find any documentation on how they are enabled nowadays, though the documentation does still refer to them being needed. Any help, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart.