[Spacewalk-list] cobbler/osad-dispatcher log permissions

Graeme Fowler G.E.Fowler at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 08:43:18 UTC 2018

Hi folks

Newbie to the list; relative newbie to spacewalk (although I've used both the 'proper' RHN and Oracle versions for some time as an end-user). Not in any way a newbie to RH-derived Linux distros :)

I've recently installed Spacewalk 2.8 - 2.8.2-1.el7.centos to be precise - on each of a dev and production system. Both of them spit an error from logrotate each night:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: Ignoring osa-dispatcher because of bad file mode - must be 0644 or 0444.
error: skipping "/var/log/cobbler/cobbler.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.
error: skipping "/var/log/cobbler/tasks/*.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.
error: skipping "/var/log/cobbler/install.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

Obviously I can fix these by tweaking the permissions on the directories and files, but as they've been set by the installer/rpm/post-install scriplets I'd prefer to find out if (a) there's a fix in the pipeline or (b) I should just change the perms to quiet the error.

Regards

Graeme