[Spacewalk-list] strange behavior with SW 2.7 and Debian 8 Clients

Thomas Müller 4thomasmueller at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 07:26:43 UTC 2018

Hello,
I use now the advised sync script and the add-header script for Debian
systems, it works. In Packages I can see the different Multi-Arch: headers.
Then I tried this for Ubuntu 16.04 as well, but the sync script fails with:

INFO: Repo URL:
http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/multiverse/binary-amd64/
INFO: Ubuntu root is http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/ubuntu/
INFO: Fetching Packages.gz... done
ERROR: Failed to uncompress Packages.gz

Who knows how packages.gz from Ubuntu can be uncompressed?
or should I use the packages.xz file for ubuntu instead packages.gz?

file Packages-debian8.gz:
gzip compressed data, max compression, from Unix

file Packages-ubuntu16.gz
UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines

Regards, Thomas

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Müller