[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk - remote command option - rhncfg-actions RPM not found

Dave Thoms dave.t at truhearing.com
Fri Aug 10 17:24:57 UTC 2018

Ok – so according to the document:

1.

     *   RHEL 7 / SL 7 / CentOS 7
o   # rpm -Uvh https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/@spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.8-client/epel-7-x86_64/00742644-spacewalk-repo/spacewalk-client-repo-2.8-11.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
o   # rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm

  1.  Install client packages
# yum -y install rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto yum-rhn-plugin

I have setup both repos (verified again) and installed the rhn* files in step 2 above (also verified their installation again).

[root at dev yum.repos.d]# yum search rhn
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
* base: mirrors.xmission.com
* epel: sjc.edge.kernel.org
* extras: mirrors.unifiedlayer.com
* updates: repos.lax.quadranet.com
========================================================================================= N/S matched: rhn ==========================================================================================
python2-rhn-check.noarch : Check for RHN actions
python2-rhn-setup.noarch : Configure and register an RHN/Spacewalk client
python2-rhn-setup-gnome.noarch : Configure and register an RHN/Spacewalk client
rhn-check.noarch : Check for RHN actions
rhn-setup.noarch : Configure and register an RHN/Spacewalk client
rhn-setup-gnome.noarch : A GUI interface for RHN/Spacewalk Registration
python2-rhn-client-tools.noarch : Support programs and libraries for Red Hat Satellite or Spacewalk
python2-rhnlib.noarch : Python libraries for the Spacewalk project
python2-rhnpush.noarch : Package uploader for the Spacewalk or Red Hat Satellite Server
rhn-client-tools.noarch : Support programs and libraries for Red Hat Satellite or Spacewalk
rhnlib.noarch : Python libraries for the Spacewalk project
rhnpush.noarch : Package uploader for the Spacewalk or Red Hat Satellite Server
rhnsd.x86_64 : Spacewalk query daemon
spacewalk-backend-package-push-server.noarch : Listener for rhnpush (non-XMLRPC version)
yum-rhn-plugin.noarch : Spacewalk support for yum

  Name and summary matches only, use "search all" for everything.

As you can see rhncfg-actions is not listed.  Is spacewalk possibly in error telling me I need rhncfg-actions? Possibly outdated?