[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart Template Issues

Raymond Setchfield raymond.setchfield at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 10:33:50 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I am experiencing some problems around the kickstart templates, and I am
attempting to following the guidelines, but it looks like I am still
running into problems.

I am receiving an error message of;
# There is a templating error preventing this file from rendering
correctly.
#
# This is most likely not due to a bug in Cobbler and is something you can
fix.
#
# Look at the message below to see what things are causing problems.
#
# (1) Does the template file reference a $variable that is not defined?
# (2) is there a formatting error in a Cheetah directive?
# (3) Should dollar signs ($) be escaped that are not being escaped?
#
# Try fixing the problem and then investigate to see if this message goes
# away or changes.
#
#
# unexpected EOF while parsing (<string>, line 1)
#   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cobbler/templar.py", line 142,
in render
#     data_out = t.respond()
#
#   File
"cheetah_DynamicallyCompiledCheetahTemplate_1535020182_58_55849.py", line
445, in respond
#
#   File
"cheetah_DynamicallyCompiledCheetahTemplate_1535020182_58_55849.py", line
77, in __errorCatcher2
#

Is it possible someone could please have a look at the kickstart template I
am attempting to use, or could someone please share a template which they
are using which has variables etc. So at least I can take a look at
possible issues of where I am going wrong?

Many Thanks

Ray