[Spacewalk-list] Ubuntu and Spacewalk 2.8 : Error 500 on Release file

Simon DESEE simon at dedisoft.com
Fri Aug 24 14:16:25 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We have successfully added Ubuntu 16.04 and 1804 repos on Spacewalk.

Erratas are fully synced too.

The file Release for Ubuntu system is generated using the secureApt.sh script (https://github.com/philicious/spacewalk-scripts/blob/master/secureApt.sh).

Now, I think we need to modify the rhnRepository.py file to add reference to the new Release file.

As we are using latest version of Spacewalk (2.8), we can't find any diff for that. The only one found is an old reference : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=999613&action=diff&context=patch&collapsed=&headers=1&format=raw.

But it seems that some function are now required :

On rhnRepository.py file we have found :

if file_name == "repomd.xml":
content_type = "text/xml"
output = repo.get_repomd_file()
elif file_name == "primary.xml.gz":
output = repo.get_primary_xml_file()
elif file_name == "other.xml.gz":
output = repo.get_other_xml_file()
elif file_name == "filelists.xml.gz":
output = repo.get_filelists_xml_file()
elif file_name == "updateinfo.xml.gz":
output = repo.get_updateinfo_xml_file()
elif file_name == "comps.xml":
content_type = "text/xml"
output = repo.get_comps_file()
elif file_name == "modules.yaml":
output = repo.get_modules_file()
else:
log_debug(2, "Unknown repomd file requested: %s" % file_name)
raise rhnFault(6)

So which output value must we use for the Release file (we are not expert on Python...) ?

Many thanks for your help in advance !

Best regards,

Simon