[Spacewalk-list] Products Not Available For Install

Worner, Frank F.Worner at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 07:27:17 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone

I've got a query about our SpaceWalk environment, which I have recently inherited the administration of, so I don't know if my query is SpaceWalk related, YUM related or just me being stupid !!

On our SpaceWalk server we have the product NSS available at version 3.36;
[root at SERVER ~]# yum list nss
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, product-id, search-disabled-repos, security, subscription-manager
* base: mirrors.coreix.net
* epel: mirrors.coreix.net
* extras: mirror.netweaver.uk
* jpackage-generic: mirror.ibcp.fr
* updates: mirror.netweaver.uk
Installed Packages
nss.x86_64                                     3.28.4-4.el6_9                                     @updates
Available Packages
nss.i686                                       3.36.0-8.el6                                       base
nss.x86_64                                     3.36.0-8.el6                                       base
[root at SERVER ~]#

However on the client/target server we only have version 3.28 available;
[root at CLIENT tmp]# yum list nss
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin, security
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
Installed Packages
nss.x86_64                                              3.28.4-4.el6_9                                              @centos6-base-x86_64
Available Packages
nss.i686                                                3.28.4-4.el6_9                                              centos6-base-x86_64
[root at CLIENT tmp]#

The problem I'm having is that when I perform a "yum update" on the client machine the installation of another product fails as it requires version 3.36 of NSS to be installed but it doesn't see the same versions of NSS available that the server sees.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is and how I can make the client machine resolve the dependencies such that it can install version 3.36 of NSS ??

Thanks

Frank