[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart from a “promoted” channel

Emmett Hogan ehogan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:32:15 UTC 2018

I am stuck and I was hoping to get a little help.

I have a pretty simple setup where I have a Centos7 channel and I use koan to build VM's…that works great.  I would like to be able to use spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle to create a 'dev-centos7' channel and then use koan to build VM's from that dev channel.  The problem is that spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle doesn't clone the kickstart tree.  I am thinking I might be able to do it with Activation keys…but so far I have failed with that.

Does this seem reasonable or am I going about this the wrong way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RTFM is appropriate as well… as long as you point me to the right “FM”… documentation for SW is all over the map, and often times provides conflicting information. :-(

Thanks in advance,
Emmett