[Spacewalk-list] Metadata backups

William Hongach William.Hongach at marist.edu
Wed Dec 5 14:13:07 UTC 2018

Good Morning,

I am looking to back up the pgsql database that stores Spacewalk metadata.  I used most (if not all) of the default options upon installation, and I want to make sure that I dump the correct databases during back up.

Will a dump of the "postgres" and "rhnschema" databases be sufficient for recovery if we need to restore the Spacewalk metadata to a specific point in time?  The physical file system that Spacewalk uses is already being backed up.

Should template0 and template1 also be backed up?  Thanks in advance.