[Spacewalk-list] python-hwdata: Build debian package with debbuild

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:09:09 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:52 AM Robert Paschedag
<robert.paschedag at web.de> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> someone has successfully created a python-hwdata debian package according to the documentation within .../client/debian/DEBIAN-HOWTO
>
> I was able to successfully build the other packages....but the python-hwdata does not work.
>
> I get the following error
>
> root at 0000000:~/debbuild/SPECS# LANG=C debbuild -ba -vv python-hwdata.spec
> This is debbuild, version 18.11.1
> Unknown tag '%py' at line 134 of python-hwdata.spec
> root at 0000000:~/debbuild/SPECS#

[...]
> Can someone give me a hint, what is wrong within the definition above?

I think something is wrong in the latest version of debbuild. The
version I'm using to build is 18.8.1, and it works there:
https://github.com/ascherer/debbuild/releases/tag/18.8.1

If you could, would you please file a bug report with debbuild
upstream about this?