[Spacewalk-list] Errata info is incontinent in channels having same packages

Samer Odeh samer.od at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:46:51 UTC 2018

Hello Folks,

When I compare packages between a channel and an empty channel and then
merge them using (make identical) option, the Errata information/count is
not identical, sometime Errata count is much higher in source channel and
sometime it is the other way around. Did any one face such an issue ?

I use Steve script to publish Errata to CentOS channels (
https://cefs.steve-meier.de/), I tried to run the script against all
channel after copying packages from a channel to the other with no luck.

Thanks in advance

--
A side info:

The reason why I compare packages between channels, is to have one channel
(Test Channel) with repo downloading rpms from internet while the other
channel (Production) one has no repo, I copy rpms from Test Channel to
Production Channel after testing them, I found this better than clone
channel which rely heavily on Errata.

P.S: I m feeling embarrassed to mention this, but I am not sure how to
reply when someone post an answer to my thread, shall I create an email
with subject of my thread and write a reply ? :-)

Sincerely,
SAM