[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk action chain question

Sadri, Wafa (BITBW) Wafa.Sadri at bitbw.bwl.de
Mon Feb 12 07:11:57 UTC 2018

Hello Yang,

you are correct, the action chain executes as quickly as possible. Meaning it will execute actions for different servers parallel. This is, so that if you patch 100 servers and add a reboot to the action chain, it doesn't wait for every single server to be done with updating before it starts rebooting all the servers.

The action chain tells the server what to do in what order. Once the server checked back with spacewalk (or you did rhn_check) it will call its own chain of events and execute them. It's independent of what other servers do meanwhile.

regards,
Wafa