[Spacewalk-list] Server not creating/updating /var/cache/rhn after upgrade

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 20:27:20 UTC 2018

I've had similar issues on our SW server that has been upgraded over time.
Take a look here:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/19303

cd /var/cache/rhn/repodata
rm -rf <one or more channel directories> (or mv <channel> /scratch to keep
a backup)
/root/regen-repodata.py -a --url https://localhost/rpc/api

Login as admin with password

service taskomatic restart
Login to web UI using admin.  Click on Admin tab, Task Schedules.  Click
the channel-repodata-bunch in the right column
Click on Single Run Schedule to start the job.
tail -50f /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log to watch progress.

If the above tail from taskomatic does not output anything for a period
over ten minutes but you've not seen metadata for every channel
regenerated, follow steps 4-6 again.  The log will show the following but
it should continue generating the metadata for the missing channels:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/01/05 15:16:36 | 2018-01-05 15:16:36,189
[Thread-42] WARN  com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.core.SchedulerKernel - Number
of interrupted runs: 1

To verify metadata has been properly generated, login to a host and run the
following commands:

yum clean metadata
yum repolist

For each repo, you should see a positive integer on the far right column.
If you see a 0, that means the metadata for that channel was not generated.

Even with all these steps, we ran into other issues and I'm in the process
of rebuilding our SW server.

/Brian/