[Spacewalk-list] question regarding spacewalk api channel.software.clone

YANG LI yangli at clemson.edu
Tue Feb 27 16:20:09 UTC 2018

I have a question regarding spacewalk-api channel.software.clone. we are using spacewalk 2.6.

This is definition of clone method:

Method: clone

Clone a channel. If arch_label is omitted, the arch label of the original channel will be used. If parent_label is omitted, the clone will be a base channel.
Parameters:
string sessionKey
string original_label
struct - channel details
string "name"
string "label"
string "summary"
string "parent_label" - (optional)
string "arch_label" - (optional)
string "gpg_key_url" - (optional), gpg_url might be used as well
string "gpg_key_id" - (optional), gpg_id might be used as well
string "gpg_key_fp" - (optional), gpg_fingerprint might be used as well
string "description" - (optional)
string "checksum" - either sha1 or sha256
boolean original_state
Returns:

int the cloned channel ID

I do not understand what is original_state? what I suppose to specify when I am calling the method?