[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 7.4 + Spacewalk 2.6: PAM fails because of SELinux

Olli Rajala olli.rajala at ravoltek.net
Wed Jan 3 13:55:54 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Olli Rajala <olli.rajala at ravoltek.net>
wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Hello Olli,
>

>> This issue has been already fixed in Spacewalk 2.7 (together with number
>> of other tomcat_t issues). Is there a specific reason why you are
>> usingolder (and unsupported) version?
>>

> Oh, thanks for info! There is no reason, I had actually missed that 2.7
> was released. So, maybe I'll just test and report back how it went.

SELinux issue seem to be resolved, it's not causing anymore any audit
things to /var/log/audit/audit.log, but still PAM is not working.

My config is based on this howto:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_network_satellite/5.3/html/installation_guide/s1-maintenance-pam-auth

/var/log/messages says:

Jan  3 15:36:58 java: pam_krb5[18217]: error reading keytab
'FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab'
Jan  3 15:36:58 java: pam_krb5[18217]: TGT verified
Jan  3 15:36:58 java: pam_krb5[18217]: authentication succeeds for
'<account>' (<account>@domain.invalid)

But login via Webui says "Either the password or username is incorrect."

This account has 'Use PAM' enabled in Spacewalk webui -> Users and has
Organization Administrator -role in use.

Upgrade from 2.6 -> 2.7 went fine without errors. This is Centos 7 server.

Any ideas what else to check? The working 2.6 installation in Centos 6
causes also that same keytab error line to /var/log/messages so I suppose
it doesn't matter.

BR,

--
Olli Rajala